Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Farm Girl Vintage Sew Along - Week 1

May 1st came and went, and since I was on the road doing fun quilty things, I didn't get to sew along on the first day of the Farm Girl Vintage Sew Along. But I'm home now and with the wonderful rainy weather, I got the chance to do a little sewing.

First block up is the first block in Lori Holt's book "Farm Girl Vintage" - the Apron Strings block. This is a wonderful scrappy block and easy as pie! I'm making the 12" blocks for a nice big quilt, but you can also make 6" blocks for a throw-size quilt.
Want to join me in the fun? Then hop on over to Lori's blog (Bee in My Bonnet) for all the details.
There are a total of 45 blocks and there are 45 bloggers that will be "Sewing and Telling" each week - and I'm one of those bloggers! We've each been given one block to feature and my block is the Water Turn Block on September 25th. You can click here and scroll to the bottom of the post to see all of the bloggers in the sew along. (Yes, I know they have my name listed wrong, I've contacted them and hopefully it will be corrected - but the exciting part is that it's listed!)
Can't wait to start sewing on the next block!
~Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.