Thursday, May 21, 2015

Now We're Cooking! Farm Girl Vintage Sew Along

 

It's week 3 of the Farm Girl Vintage Sew Along by Bee In My Bonnet & another couple of cute blocks! First one up is the Baking Day block. This was the perfect block for this week as it was cold & rainy here in Western Kansas (and most of the country, I think) & I love to bake when the weather is like that. I love my Baking Day block, it looks so good with my green dishes and kitchen utensils!

The Butter Churn block brought memories of my grandma making butter in her old hand crank butter churn. I remember when I was in grade school, she loaned me her butter churn so that my class could make butter when we were studying about our pioneering forefathers for Kansas Day. Here's my Butter Churn block with my grandma's churn. Love it!

I loved making the Baking Day block so much that I decided to make another one, only in the 6" size. Stay tuned to see what I make with this block!

Tomorrow is Farm Girl Friday which means that Lori Holt will post the next two blocks in the Farm Girl Vintage Sew Along - can't wait! Want to join me? It's not too late. Check out all the details on Lori's blog here. And the Fat Quarter Shop makes it easy to get all the supplies - Lori's Farm Girl Vintage book and Lori's special fabric bundle she assembled for the sew along.

Come back soon & see what else I'm working on!
~Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.