Friday, May 29, 2015

Farm Girl Vintage - Week 4 - & Other Stuff

I'm still having fun with my Farm Girl Vintage blocks after 4 weeks. Usually I start getting distracted and start other projects - a good example is my Millefiore quilt (still on Rosette #1 as I haven't worked on it for 2 months). One of these days I'll get back to it.....

Here are my blocks for this week. The Chicken Foot block:

& the Canning Season block:

I made a few extra Canning Season blocks as I'm decorating for a luncheon next week and using a canning theme. Just love these Ball canning jars with straws in purple, green and blue. Don't they look awesome with my canning season blocks? Can't wait to share pics next week of the luncheon table.

I also found a little time to make a new button necklace featuring one of my typewriter keys. So happy with the way it turned out! Now to find more buttons that work with the keys.

It's been a very wet May here on the farm, like most of the plains states. We're pushing 9" for May (average annual rainfall is 17"). The ground is saturated so when we get a downpour like last night, the water just stands. Makes for an adventure every time you drive down the ole country dirt roads! Such is the life of a farmer, and a farmer's wife. As they say, rain makes grain, and we're very thankful for the rain.


~Sharla

P.S. Check out Bee In My Bonnet's blog for all the latest details on the Farm Girl Vintage Sew Along!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.