Thursday, June 1, 2017

TBT: French Roses Quilt

It's been a while since I shared a Throw Back Thursday quilt. I'm sharing quilts that I made before I started my blog just to record them, with the hope of someday printing all of my blog posts in book form as an archive of my quilting. So today I'm sharing a quilt that I made in June of 2013 - my French Roses quilt.
Thistle Thicket Studio, French Roses quilt, Robyn Pandolph, Love and Liberty

I fell in love with this pattern 15 years ago when it first came out, but it was a busy time in my life and I wasn't quilting much. In 2013, this line of fabric by Robyn Pandolph inspired me to hunt the name of the quilt and pattern designer down. And I'm so glad I did because I love this cozy little quilt!

Quilt Stats:
  • Quilt Pattern: French Roses by Heather French, features raw edge applique flowers.
  • Fabric: Love & Liberty by Robyn Pandolph for RJR.
  • Finished Size: 57" x 57".
  • Binding: Pieced scrappy binding using remaining Love & Liberty fabric.
  • Batting: Hobbs 80-20.
  • Thread: Mettler for piecing, Perma Core for quilting. Color numbers not recorded but both were an off-white/cream.
  • Quilting: Quilted on a Gammill longarm, this is one of the only quilts that I have free-hand quilted, mostly stippling. The borders were quilted with the Statler computer.
~Sharla

P.S. Woo Hoo! I just realized this is my 200th post on the blog!

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2017/05/tbt-french-roses-quilt.html

1 comment:

  1. I just found your blog and I will be oooing and aww while looking through..I will certainly be following you. .what an inspiration you are!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.