Thursday, June 22, 2017

TBT: Thimbleberries Month-By-Month

We're on the verge of wheat harvest (maybe we'll start later today) here on the farm, but I had to make time to share another Throw Back Thursday quilt. This was a Thimbleberries block-of-the-month calendar quilt called Month-By-Month from the late 90's - maybe 1998.

I signed up for this quilt through our local Extension office and picked up the kits once a month. When I started, I knew it was destined to become a UFO because I was fully immersed in a new multi-million dollar grant project at work. I dug it back out in 2007 when the hubby and I became empty-nesters and finished it, along with 7 other UFO quilts that year.

Quilt Stats:
  • Quilt Pattern: Month-By-Month calendar quilt by Thimbleberries.
  • Fabric: Thimbleberries by Lynette Jensen.
  • Finished Size: 76" x 92".
  • Quilting: I had this quilt custom quilted by a hand-quilded long arm quilter. She did a lot of line stitching and stitching in the ditch on the blocks, meandering in the sashings and a leaf motif in the border.
~Sharla

P.S. Sorry for the wrinkled quilt. I really thought I steamed it better than that!

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2017/06/tbt-thimbleberries-month-by-month.html

9 comments:

  1. Doesn't wrinkled just mean it's well used ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pattern based design that is pretty interesting and lovely. Can we buy it online?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma, it is an old Thimbleberries block of the month from the late 1990s. It's not on the Thimbleberries website anymore but I have seen it listed on ebay. You may be able to contact Thimbleberries and ask them if it is still available.

      Delete
  3. I recently found this pattern set and the page “Build a Great Quilt M-b-M” for the months of July through December is missing...This page gives the fabrics and yardage needed...I could probably figure it out on my own, but would be more comfortable knowing for sure...could I purchase copies from you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looked through my library and found the pattern in BIG BOOK OF QUILT BLOCKS. So I’m good to go.
    Thanks, though..I like your site

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it this one?
      Title: Thimbleberries Big Book of Quilt Blocks
      Author Name: Jensen, Lynette
      ISBN Number: 1932533052
      ISBN-13: 9781932533057

      Delete
  5. I'm looking for the July pattern for this quilt. Is there anyone that would share this, would greatly appreciate it. Or if you know where to find it. Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi karen I have the July pattern and would be willing to trade as I am looking for the December. please send me an email quiltingbee1@msn.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.