Sunday, July 3, 2016

Howdy Y'all Quilt: Q2 FAL Finish #2


My second finish for the 2nd quarter of the 2016 Finish-A-Long is my Howdy Y'all Quilt. You can see my first Q2 finish here. And you can see my Q2 list of lofty goals here. I say 'lofty' since I only finished two of the nine that I listed. Oh well, two is better than none (or that's what I keep telling myself, but secretly I am disappointed that I didn't get more done on my list)!
Howdy Y'all Quilt, Thistle Thicket Studio, cowboy boot quilt block, Moda Bake Shop Recipe, quilts, quilting

I designed this quilt for Moda Bake Shop's 7th Birthday Quilt-A-Long and the instructions to make the cowboy boot filler block was featured on MBS website here. This is the sketch of the design I submitted for consideration to Moda, which I later modified by eliminating the cowboy hat & fixing some spacing issues.
Howdy Y'all Quilt, Thistle Thicket Studio, cowboy boot block, Moda Bake Shop, quilts, quilting

The project used the "Spell It With Moda" pattern for the letters and designers were to submit quilt ideas that included a "filler" block (mine was the cowboy boot) that would be featured on their website.
Howdy Y'all Quilt, Thistle Thicket Studio, Moda Bake Shop, cowboy boot block, quilts, quilting

I made this quilt with ties at the top so that I could hang it on my fence when friends and family visit our farm. I love it so much. I also love the quilting pattern I used on this one and the quilting really shows up nicely in the photos!
Howdy Y'all Quilt, Thistle Thicket Studio, Moda Bake Shop, cowboy boot block, quilts, quilting

I'll be linking this post up for the 2016 Finish-A-Long on our host's She Can Quilt site. Someday, maybe - ha, ha, I'll be lucky enough to win a prize! Well, it's time to head back to my sewing machine and work on another one of my lofty goals that will now be on my 3rd quarter list!

~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2016/07/howdy-yall-quilt-q2-fal-finish-2.html





3 comments:

  1. This is a really fun mini and it was neat to watch your progress with it on Instagram - I was also amazed at how quickly someone guessed what it spelled! I love the quilting on it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lofty goals. I work away periodically and with work and only having 3 tips under my belt I am
    Jumping straight into 2 quilt alongs. I am also debating on quilting my third quilt. It will likely be a gift. I may have it done professionally on a computer long arm

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful finish! I love the way you use this quilt too, everyone should have a "welcome quilt"

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.