Friday, July 8, 2016

Finish-A-Long 3rd Quarter Goals

Finish-A-Long, quilting goals, Thistle Thicket Studio, quilting collage, quilts, quilting

I feel like a broken record, but here I go again.... Since I only finished two projects on my list last quarter, most of my Q2 projects are moving to my Q3 list of goals for the 2016 Finish-A-Long.

1. First on the list is my "Spell It With Moda" ABC quilt. I did get the top completed during the second quarter and even got a pieced backing finished. I've been thinking how I want to quilt this while on the combine. So I'm hoping this will be my first finish for the new quarter as soon as we're done with harvest!
ABC quilt, Spell It With Moda, Moda Bake Shop Birthday QAL, Sunkissed fabric, Thistle Thicket Studio, quilts, quilting, letter quilt blocks

And here's the scrappy backing in all it's wrinkly glory.....
scrappy quilt backing, scrap quilts, Thistle Thicket Studio, Sunkissed fabric, quilts, quilting

2. I picked up these Paw Patrol fabrics to make a zipper bag for Grandson #2 who LOVES Paw Patrol and has to carry all the figurines with him wherever he goes. Hoping to make a bag to give him when he comes visit at the end of the month. And I want to make one for Grandson #1 with left over Batman fabric from the quilt he wants me to make for him.
Paw Patrol fabric, Thistle Thicket Studio, quilts, quilting

3. Here's that Batman fabric for the Lego Batman quilt that Grandson #1 asked for. Time is running out & I haven't even started this one! Eeeek!
Batman fabric, Lego Batman Quilt, Thistle Thicket Studio, quilts, quilting

4. I haven't touched this Farm Girl Vintage quilt since I finished the blocks last fall, but hoping to change that this next quarter.
Farm Girl Vintage, Thistle Thicket Studio, quilts, quilting

5. This is my Leaders and Enders project that also hasn't been touched in awhile. I need to get back into the practice of using leaders and enders!
scrappy quilt blocks, courthouse step blocks, Thistle Thicket Studio, scrap quilts, leaders and enders quilts, quilts, quilting

6. Ugh! Another project I haven't touched! My quilt guild BOM from last year. I still have setting blocks to make and piece these blocks into a top. At least I have a layout chosen.
Kansas Troubles fabric, Thistle Thicket Studio, quilts, quilting

7. Here's a new one. I made this table topper a couple of months ago to showcase a block I designed for a blog hop. Have been searching for silver metallic thread to quilt it and finally found some. I didn't have time to press this for a better photo since we're in harvest, so here's another wrinkly one. Can't wait to play with this one on the longarm!
Spinners quilt block, Christmas Spinners Tablerunner, Thistle Thicket Studio, quilts, quilting

8. I have a couple of projects that I purchased last year on our Row by Row Experience girls road trip that have yet to be started, but I want to include them in case I get the itching to start something new. This is called "Fall Frolic". I just love these colors!
Fall Frolic fabric kit, Thistle Thicket Studio, quilts, quilting

9. And last, but certainly not least, is this Bonnie and Camille Frivols quilt kit.
Bonnie and Camille, Hello Darling, Frivols, Thistle Thicket Studio, quilts, quilting

Well there you have it. Nine projects in three months. Wonder how many I'll get done this quarter? Wish me luck! I'll be linking this post up with the 2016 Finish-A-Long.


~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2016/07/finish-long-3rd-quarter-goals.html



5 comments:

  1. I see, you have plenty to be going on with =) Good luck tackling the projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your farm girl vintage looks amazing! Can't wait to see it finished. Here's to many happy finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im not sure Im doing the 3rd quarter or not. I do have some things I need to work on / finish so i guess I might as well, I just haven't made the list yet lol. Yours is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your list and thank you for participating in the 2016FAL, on behalf of all the hosts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspite of everything, you're still ahead of the game in my book. Fall Harvest is gearing up for me, and sewing is sitting on the back burner I'm looking forward to getting back in the sewing room. Still praying your Mom can come home soon.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.