Thursday, July 14, 2016

First FAL Finish For Q3: Zipper Totes

My grandsons love their super heroes. Grandson #1 is into Batman and Spiderman, and to a lesser degree Superman, Ironman, and any other super hero ending in 'man'. Grandson #2 is all about Paw Patrol. They both have all the action figures and they go everywhere with them. It's an armful. So I decided to make them zipper totes to carry their action figures when traveling (hopefully to Nana's house soon!)
Zipper bags, Thistle Thicket Studio, totes, bags, paw patrol, batman, sewing

I used Missouri Star Quilt Co.'s Zipper Pouch tutorial on You Tube, only I added handles to make it easier for little hands to carry. In the tutorial, Jenny finishes the inside seams with a zigzag stitch but I sewed binding on the inside seams of my totes for a more finished look. The totes finished at 10 1/2" wide x 11 1/2" tall (not including the handles).

Paw Patrol fabric, Thistle Thicket Studio, fabric, sewing
The only place I could find Paw Patrol fabric was at Walmart. I'm a little worried about the quality of the fabric, but decided he'll be on to the next toy fad long before the fabric is worn out.

Batman Fabric, Kona Solids, Thistle Thicket Studio, sewing
The Batman fabric I found at JoAnn's after my grandson requested a Batman quilt. I bought extra since I wasn't sure exactly what design I was making. That quilt will be my next project.

I'll be linking this post up to the 3rd quarter Finish-A-Long at the end of the quarter. Here's a link to my Q3 goals.

Can't wait to see my grandsons and give them their totes. Of course, Nana will have to put some surprises inside!

~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2016/07/first-fal-finish-for-q3-zipper-totes.html


2 comments:

  1. This took me back to my own sons. They loved their action figures and I made them drawstring bags at the time . I'm sure your grandsons will love these

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a creative idea! I would love to do this with the kids. I am actually getting custom dissertation writing service from experts about parenting.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.