Saturday, July 2, 2016

B&C Log Cabin Swap - Q2 FAL Finish #1

Once again, I must admit I didn't get as many projects completed as I would have liked for the 2016 Finish-A-Long second quarter, but I'm thrilled with the couple that I did finish.


My first finish is my Bonnie & Camille Log Cabin Swap quilt (Here's the link to my Q2 List). I am still in love with this quilt. And I still don't have a great photo of it, so this one will have to do.
Bonnie and Camille Log Cabin Swap, log cabin quilt, thistle thicket studio
This was my first block swap. The log cabin technique used in the swap was fun. I added a little customization by putting spinning pinwheels in the corners using some charm squares I had left over.

Bonnie and Camille Log Cabin Swap, log cabin quilt, thistle thicket studio,
I blogged about this quilt on a few other occasions and you can check those out here and here and here for details on the pattern and more.

Tomorrow I'll blog about my second finish for this quarter of the Finish-A-Long (since it's been raining and we can't harvest any wheat, I might as well blog and sew!)

~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2016/07/b-log-cabin-swap-q2-fal-finish-1.html

2 comments:

  1. The quilt turned out beautifully, Sharla! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely! Congratulations on the finish and thank you for participating in the 2016FAL, on behalf of all the hosts!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.