Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Moda Blockheads 3: Blocks 9-12

Although I don't have this past week's block finished yet, I have been able to keep up with the Moda Blockheads 3 sew-along so far. But I am definitely slow on sharing my blocks in a timely manner here on the blog.

So here are my latest four blocks. Block #9 is Taos by Vanessa Goertzen. I kind of wished I would have used the light aqua where I used the pink fabric also. 

Block #10 is Windmills by Stacy Iest Hsu. I really like this block and has a special representation for me. In my former life as an economic development director, I worked with and recruited a wind farm to our county. It was a long road to success and led me to serve on a state Governor-appointed advisory board on wind energy. Brings back some fun memories for me.

Block #11 is Blooming Love by Robin Pickens. Another heart block that I enjoyed making.

Block #12 is Hampshire Star by Janet Clare. Whew, this one was a little tedious with 73 pieces in a 6" block. And that was using the modified pattern which combines some pieces to reduce the number of seams. The original pattern has 112 pieces! Now I remember why I said I would never make 6" sampler blocks again after finishing the Farmer's Wife blocks!

Well, I'm off to sew block #13 and then I'll be caught up again. Oh no, wait, today is Wednesday and the newest block was released this morning. Oh well, I have all week to get it made!

~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2020/04/moda-blockheads-3-blocks-9-12.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.