Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Joining The Face Mask Making Crowd

Today I decided to make a few face masks to send to my daughter and her family. I had visited with our local health care facilities when this pandemic became urgent the middle of March and they did not have a need at the present for sewn masks. But, now that the general population is asked to wear sewn masks in public, I decided to make a few for my family.

I kind of followed the general directions provided by See Kate Sew blog here. This pattern provides a pocket on the inside to add additional filter material if desired. I added a pipe cleaner across the top for a nose piece in the masks I made.

And then I modified it to make a couple of smaller masks for my grandsons. I used elastic instead of ties because I thought it would be easier for them to put on and take off.

Are you making masks? What's your favorite pattern? Please share any tips you might have!

~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2020/04/joining-face-mask-making-crowd.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.