Thursday, February 14, 2019

Valentine's Heart Zipper Pouch

Happy Valentine's Day! It just so happens that our monthly second-Thursday-of-the-month quilt guild meeting falls on Valentine's Day today, so of course we are having a valentine exchange for roll call tonight. I'm hoping that the membership was inspired by my photo ideas (hints) that I shared of handmade valentines on our Facebook page a couple of weeks ago and we see lots of creative valentines tonight. 

Heart-Shaped Zipper Pouch By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
Here's my valentine - a heart-shaped zippered pouch. I found my inspiration scrolling through Pinterest and this is the one and only project that I completed at my mom's sewing retreat a couple of weeks ago. (I did get a quilt top almost completed for Quilts of Valor too!)

Heart-Shaped Zipper Pouch By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
I pulled this red and hot pink chevron print for the outside of my heart pouch and the white with red dot for the lining.

Heart-Shaped Zipper Pouch By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
I kind of scanned a tutorial by Erin Erickson at Dog Under My Desk, by scanning I mean I looked at the pictures! LOL! Then I just winged it. It was really easy and a quick sew, and I'm really happy with the final product. 

I hope my valentine will like it tonight too!

~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2019/02/valentines-heart-zipper-pouch.html

2 comments:

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.