Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Auction Find - Vintage Super Stitcher

Last week I ventured out in the elements (ugh, I'm so tired of the snow and cold!) and hit up a local auction. Although I went for a cute little Midget toy sewing machine, I came home with this cute green hand held sewing machine instead! (It was much more friendly to my pocketbook!)

Super Stitcher Chain Stitch Handheld Sewing Machine on Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
After a little research, I learned it is a 1973 Super Stitcher chain stitch, hand-held sewing machine made by Southbury Manufacturing. It will join my ever-growing toy sewing machine collection (I'm up to 17 now! Whoops, just spotted another one, make that 18. Lol!).

Collection of Vintage Sewing Notions & Machines in Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
Who else can't pass up a cute little sewing machine?

~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2019/02/auction-find-vintage-super-stitcher.html


5 comments:

  1. Absolutely, if they are a great buy and still functional, It is a must have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you must have a right large collection by now! It is good they find a home with you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can pass those up, but don't walk me by a vintage Singer, Viking or other such machines! I have no more space for them, sadly!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.