Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Registration Open for Surface Design Immersion Course

Bonnie Christine's Surface Design Immersion Course on Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
This time last year, I embarked on an eight-week adventure to learn how to use Adobe Illustrator to create my own textile designs. After looking at many different classes and courses, I landed on Bonnie Christine's Surface Pattern Design Immersion Course. I hadn't heard of Bonnie before nor had I taken any of her Skillshare classes but I just had a feeling that this was the course for me. And I was sooo right!

Ink Sketch By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
I can't say enough about how much I learned about Illustrator from the Immersion course. And I knew nothing to start out. I didn't even open the program for the first time until the first day of class. I knew it would be too overwhelming without some guidance. But from the beginning, Bonnie's knowledge of the program and her ability to explain each tool and how to use it in simple terms made the learning so easy and fun. 

Perseverance Pattern Design by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
But Bonnie's expertise in Illustrator wasn't the only thing she shared with her students. She also shared the business side of surface pattern design, from income streams to portfolio building to contracts and so much more. She also shared of herself, making herself available in video chats and Facebook groups, answering our questions as we worked through the course at our own pace. In fact, she still answers questions during her monthly video chat and in our FB group. 

Bindweed Beauty Surface Design by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
This, hands down, was the best surface pattern design course I've seen. If it sounds like something for you, then I hope you'll join me in class (yes, I'm taking it again as a refresher!).


Hope to see you in class!

~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2019/02/registration-open-for-surface-design.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.