Sunday, August 2, 2015

Farm Girl Vintage Sew Along - Week 14

It's been a busy week of county fair activities and visiting with friends home for the festivities. Class reunions are held during the county fair every year, and this year my son was home for his 10 year class reunion also. (Boy, that makes a girl feel old!) All this adds up to very little time in the sewing room, but I did manage to get my Farm Girl Vintage blocks completed.

So, without further adieu, here are my blocks for this week....

Old Red Barn Block:

I had to change this one up and make it gray since all of the barns and sheds on our farm are gray. I also had to take a photo of my barn block with our old gray barn. Love it!


Old Glory Block:
I'm not sure about those blue dots at the top and bottom of my flag. I may change them out later. I'll decide that when I start putting my blocks together.

This week, Farm Girl Vintage author Lori Holt of Bee In My Bonnet announced a couple of new companion patterns for the Farm Girl Vintage Sew Along on her blog. Of course, I had to get them! Especially the Penny Pig Block pattern because when my farmer hubby and I were newlyweds, we used to raise pigs with his family. Hurry and head on over to the Fat Quarter Shop to get your own Penny Pig pattern! Here is my finished block:

Now if Lori Holt would come up with a project to use all of these HSTs that I'm accumulating from the Farm Girl Vintage Sew Along! Hint, Hint! If you have an idea, please share!

~Sharla






2 comments:

  1. Your blocks are so cute! I would not change a thing. If you want to use up your HST...I am doing a Scrap Dance Mystery Quilt Along with Carole . She has a lot of choices in size to make, but since you already have your half square triangles done, it would not take you long to catch up. I signed on late and am on getting ready to start step 4. Always enjoy reading your posts. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful creative day!

    https://frommycarolinahome.wordpress.com/category/2015-mystery-quilt-along/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing everyone's Farm Girl blocks. I need another project like I need a whole in my head, but it looks so fun, I might have to get the book.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.