Saturday, August 15, 2015

Farm Girl Vintage Week 15

Whew! What a whirlwind three days! We loaded up the van with quilty friends and headed out for our second annual Row by Row Experience road trip. We had a ball - drove 825 miles, visited 25 quilt shops along the Colorado front range, ran into a horrible hail storm that pelted the van pretty good, spent too much money on awesome fabric and quilting goodies, ate at some neat places, and laughed a ton. Great time! Now to catch up on my Farm Girl Vintage blocks!

I didn't get last week's blocks done before we left on our road trip. Partly because I didn't have any oranges to make the Patchwork Pumpkin block. It was one of the many things that was on my shopping list. The book calls for 30 different prints, but I used 10 and I think they look great. I say 'they' because I couldn't stop with just one pumpkin! I decided I needed a whole patch of pumpkins! Here is my pumpkin patch, ready for quilting:

And here is my Patchwork Pumpkin block for my Farm Girl Vintage quilt:

Luckily the other block last week was quick and easy since I spent extra time making pumpkins. Here is my Out to Pasture block:

Now back to sewing! I need to get caught up on this week's Farm Girl Vintage blocks so I can work on my new block design for the 2015 FabriQuilt New Block Blog Hop that starts on August 31st. Mark it on your calendar - it should be great fun and 60+ free new block designs to get!

~Sharla

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Sharla! Those pumpkin blocks are scrappy and sweet! Love the little dots background you chose. So CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pumpkins do look great! It sounds like a lovely trip, but welcome home. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.