Thursday, August 27, 2015

A Little Farm Girl Vintage Sewing On This Farm Girl's Birthday

How do I spend my birthday when the hubby is on the tractor? Doing some happy sewing, of course! I've been busy working on block designs for the 2015 FabriQuilt New Block blog hop next week, so I decided to take a break today and get caught up on my Farm Girl Vintage blocks. It is just 'sew' fun making these blocks!

First up is the Pinwheels block. A traditional block, but oh so cute!
Piecing perfection, don't ya think? I've shared this before, but here is how I get perfectly pieced points:
  1. Press seams open.
  2. Place a pin through both points.
  3. While holding the pin perpendicular to the fabric, insert a pin on either side of the first pin. This keeps the fabric from shifting and keeps the points aligned.
Easy peasy!

The other Farm Girl Vintage block this week is another traditional scrappy block - the Postage Stamp block:
I think it will be these scrappy blocks that will pull the quilt together with all of the different colors and prints.

Here's one last share....Aren't these just the cutest tiny vintage bakelite buttons! I found them yesterday while out and about. Just love the fall colors!

As I mentioned above, next week is the 2015 FabriQuilt New Block Blog Hop. I'll be sharing my block design on Tuesday, but the hop starts on Monday. Check in Sunday evening, and I'll post links to everyone participating in the hop - there's more than 60!!!

Now, I'm off to get ready for a birthday dinner with quilty friends - Sew Fun!

~Sharla


6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! I hope you have a lovely evening, and I look forward to your tutorial next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog! Happy birthday to you...mine was on Tuesday and our anniversary was also last week but we haven't celebrated much due to harvesting season! That's the farmer's life, right?

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! I hope that your day is filled with love, laughter and happiness! Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful creative day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your birthday! Thanks for sharing your perfect points tip again - I've found it very helpful. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday and I used your tip to pin my pinwheel and it was great

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.