Friday, August 21, 2015

A Farm Girl Vintage Friday Finish

If you've visited my blog before, you know I love Lori Holt of Bee In My Bonnet's latest book "Farm Girl Vintage" and have been posting my blocks each week as I participate in the Farm Girl Vintage Sew Along. (I'll be one of the featured guest bloggers on Lori's sew along on September 25!) Last week one of the blocks we made was the Patchwork Pumpkin block. It took 30 different orange fabrics!! And I only had one. So I shopped for orange fat quarters while on a three-day Row by Row Experience road trip with my quilty friends last week. I didn't amass 30, but I did bring home 10 orange fat quarters to make my block.

Two and a half yards of orange fabric to make one 12" block?!?! To justify my purchases, I decided while I was making my Patchwork Pumpkin block for my Farm Girl Vintage sampler quilt I'd make a few more for a whole pumpkin patch! And this week I quilted and bound my pumpkin patch quilt in time to participate in my first quilting link up party - Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday (TGIFF)!

I love how this little quilt turned out and plan to hang it by my back door (which everyone uses, so I guess it's my front door) this fall. I also looove the checkerboard binding!

A close up of the quilting - I like how it spirals from the middle.

And here's the back. Even after making the pumpkin blocks and backing, I still have lots of orange fabric. Hmmmm, wonder what my next orange project should be?

Thanks for stopping by! If you want to see some more great Friday finishes, go check out this week's TGIFF link up party!

http://quokkaquilts.com/almost-finished-friday/

~Sharla


3 comments:

  1. It looks great! The binding is really fun, and I like how you rotated the quilting for each block. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your pumpkin project! The quilting is wonderfully full of movement and works great with the way you rotated the movement. Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful creative day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pumpkins!!! I just bought the book and plan on starting out my own blocks, especially that one!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.