Wednesday, September 17, 2014

What's On Your Cutting Table? A Curvy Log Cabin Tutorial

One of the projects I'm currently working on is a scrappy curvy log cabin. It is a challenge issued by my quilt guild. I've completed about one-fourth of my blocks. YIKES! I need to kick it into high gear as the year is coming to a close and the quilts have to be completed in time to show at our December meeting.

The curve in the block is created by cutting strips on one side that finish at half the width of the other side of the log cabin.

I played with several layouts, and finally decided upon this one. What do you think?

I challenge you to make a scrappy curvy log cabin - a great way to use up your stash! Click here for instructions on how to make my curvy log cabin.

~Sharla

4 comments:

  1. Good job! very nice looking pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt will be fabulous when you complete it. I love log cabin designs with character!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love log cabin quilts--and love the look you created here. So fun! Thanks for sharing again.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.