Saturday, September 20, 2014

Upcycle: Button & Ruler Jewelry

I love junking and my favorite finds are sewing related - old buttons, plastic thimbles, trims, measuring tapes and rulers. Upcycling these treasures into jewelry is one of the latest fads. Pinterest and Etsy are great places to get ideas. And with a few jewelry making supplies from the local craft store - jewelry glue, jewelry pliers and cutters, chains, clasps, and rings - you, too, can make your own fun and funky jewelry with a vintage flair.

Stacking buttons of varying sizes is an easy way to create a necklace to coordinate with any outfit.

Measuring tape bracelets adorned with buttons! Of course they are in my favorite color - jadite green!

Crosses are another hot accessory item. These are made from folding wooden rulers and dressed up with buttons and watch faces. The watch faces were a fun find at the Texas Antiques Week in Round Top, Texas.

My personal favorite - a cross necklace made from my dad's folding ruler and my mom's antique filigree button.

Wouldn't these make great Christmas gifts?

~Sharla

1 comment:

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.