Friday, September 26, 2014

Almond Joy Cookies

As the weather turns cooler, and fall turns into winter, there are two things I love to do - quilt and bake. There's nothing better than a day of quilting with an occasional hot chocolate and cookie break. So I'm always on the search for yummy cookie recipes. One of the latest that's been showing up on my Facebook feed is "Almond Joy Cookies". I thought I'd share my version of the recipe - and yup, I've taste tested them and they have my 'sew good' stamp of approval!

Almond Joy Cookies

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 2 1/4 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 - 11 oz. package semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup sweetened coconut
  • 1 cup chopped  or sliced almonds

Instructions:
  1. Pre-heat oven to 375°F Lightly grease cookie sheets.
  2. Combine dry ingredients, set aside.
  3. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars together. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, stir in the vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients until well mixed then stir in the chocolate chips, coconut and almonds. Drop by rounded tablespoon-full onto the prepared cookie sheets.
  4. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
 
 
Enjoy!
 
~Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.