Friday, October 14, 2022

Halloween Stars Sew-Along: Star Assembly

Halloween Stars Sew-Along by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

Today for the Halloween Stars Sew-Along, we're assembling the star portion of the blocks. I'm deviating slightly from the pattern and going to make the star portion of both the A and B Blocks today instead of completing Block A today and Block B tomorrow. But you can do it either way, your choice.

I sat down to sew and decided to assemble all the star portions of the block in one sitting while was on a roll. To sew the star units, I laid the squares, 4-patches and star point units in a 9-patch grid, and sewed across to make rows, then sewed the rows together. Easy peasy!

Halloween Stars Sew-Along by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

Tomorrow I'll add the stripes to all the blocks.

How will you sew your blocks together? Will you follow the pattern and make all the A blocks before moving on to the B blocks or will you assemble all the star portions of the blocks, then add the stripes? Either way, we'll be finished soon!

Happy Quilting

~Sharla

P.S. We're using the Valiant Quilt Pattern for this sew along, which is available in my pattern shop HERE.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.