Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Halloween Stars Sew-Along: Quilt Finishing

Halloween Stars Sew-Along by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

Finally we have reached the end of the Halloween Stars Sew-Along!

To complete the quilt, layer the backing, batting and quilt top, and quilt using your preferred method. I machine quilted mine with a stars and swirl pattern using white thread. I had planned to try machine sewing my binding on, both front and back, but chickened out at the last minute. My tried and true binding method is 2 1/2" strips, folded in half, machine sewn to the front of the quilt using a 3/8" seam, folded over to the back and hand stitched down. 

Halloween Stars Sew-Along by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

I love how my little quilt turned out and look forward to using it on my table.

Thanks to everyone who joined me in this sew-along. Be sure to share your finished Halloween Stars quilt photos and tag me!

Happy Quilting!

~Sharla



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.