Tuesday, November 21, 2017

'Tis The Season

I'm just sitting down to do a quick update here on my blog between batches of banana nut bread and poppy seed bread baking in the oven. It smells wonderful! This week marks the beginning of the holidays for me. Really, though, I've been working on a few holiday crafts and Christmas gift projects for the last couple of weeks. Some I can share and some will have to wait until they are gifted and opened (don't want to ruin the surprise!).

Pink Deer & Pink Bottle Brush Trees Winter Scene by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
I couldn't pass up this cute little pink reindeer ornament when I saw it at Target, along with a few of those pink bottle brush trees. I combined them into this little winter scene on a wooden slice from a tree branch. It now sits on our media center amongst the jadeite green bowls filled with vintage glass ornaments and bottle brush trees. (and yes, I did break down and start decorating last weekend before Thanksgiving - a first for me!)

Kissing Claus' Winter Scene on Bedspring by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
I've also been playing with bed springs again. I've made several little wintery scenes to sit atop the springs, but this one with the vintage ceramic Mr. and Mrs. Claus kissing is a favorite. This cute couple was in a box of vintage Christmas ornaments that I bought at an auction a couple of weeks ago.

Doodle Sketches by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
I can only share a sneak peek of some doodles that have been turned into something for Christmas gifts. How's that for vague? Can you guess what it is?

Stack of Custom Recipe Tea Towels by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
Last night I finished sewing several recipe tea towels I designed for a client. Since they are for gifts for my client's family, I'll share the finished product after they've been gifted too.

Magnolia Metallics Fabric on Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
And I've been doing a little secret sewing for a fabric company with this fabric. I'll share more about it soon.

With the hustle and bustle of the holidays, the blog posts may be scarce, but I'm hoping to have a few projects to share before the end of the year.

Happy Thanksgiving!

~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2017/11/tis-season.html

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, Sharla. I hope you have a wonderful time with family and friends. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.