Saturday, December 10, 2016

Bedspring Snowmen

Whenever my daughter and I get together, we always plan more things than we can ever pack into our time together. This Thanksgiving was no different. One of the projects we never got around to making was snowmen made from some rusty bedsprings the hubby helped me rescue. Since I had gathered all the supplies and they were taking up space on my cutting table, I decided to make a couple - then box up the rest of the supplies and send them to my daughter. That's one way to get rid of the clutter!
Thistle Thicket Studio, bedspring snowmen, bedsprings, DIY, snowmen, Christmas decor

Except for the bedsprings & old typewriter keys, I found all the supplies to create my bedspring snowmen at that crafters haven known as Hobby Lobby. My supplies included styrofoam balls; snow paint; rusty metal star garlands, snowflakes & bells; small greenery picks; black felt hats; black buttons; a dowel rod to make the wooden carrot noses; and flannel woven ribbon.
Thistle Thicket Studio, bedspring snowmen, bedsprings, DIY, snowmen, Christmas decor

They were really easy to make. The hardest part was getting the snow paint to stick to the Styrofoam balls.

This guy looks so cute on my dining room table mixed in with my Royal Ruby and forest green Anchor Hocking dishes atop my scrappy Icicle Stars quilt.
Thistle Thicket Studio, bedspring snowmen, bedsprings, DIY, snowmen, Christmas decor

I just love these old typewriter keys on this snowman's scarf!
Thistle Thicket Studio, bedspring snowmen, bedsprings, DIY, snowmen, Christmas decor

Stay tuned because I've been doing some other holiday making that I'll be sharing soon!

~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2016/12/bedspring-snowmen.html


1 comment:

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.