Wednesday, August 24, 2016

One Lovely Blog Award x 3

It's been one of those weeks you hope you don't repeat ever again (see this post for the reason why). But one of the highlights of the week was my blog being nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award - not once, not twice, but three times! I've met each of the people who nominated my blog through the 2016 New Quilt Bloggers Group. I enjoy each of their blogs and I hope you'll stop by their blogs too. Kathy at Kathy's Kwilts and More and I have become online buddies, helping each other with blogging questions, quilting ideas, etc., and she's been great sending me words of encouragement this last week. Sola blogs at Alice Samuel's Quilt Co. and was in my hive, Hive Sewciety, for the New Quilt Bloggers group. She is a quilter in Nigeria and its interesting to follow her adventures. Sue at Sevenoaks Street Quilts has a fun modern style and I'm enjoying following her to see what's on her design wall. Thank you so much girls for this awesome honor!

The Rules for this award are:
  • Thank the person who nominated you, and give a link to his/her blog.
  • List the rules.
  • Display the image of the award on your post.
  • List seven facts about yourself.
  • Nominate (up to) 15 bloggers for this award, and notify them to let them know you have nominated them.

Seven facts about little ole me:

1. I'm kind of a jack-of-all-trades. Some of the jobs I've held over the years include newspaper editor, library aide, yearbook instructor, economic development director and quilt shop owner.

2. As economic development director, I successfully wrote grants totaling more than $7 million.

3. I went to jr. high and high school with Steve Tasker, special teams phenom for the Buffalo Bills from 1986-1997.

4. My close encounters of the political kind (good, bad & ugly) - I sat next to then-U.S. Secretary of Transportation Elizabeth Dole at a convention banquet for Extension Homemaker Units. I met then-Vice President Al Gore at a meeting for one of the grants I wrote. I served on a Rural Task Force for then-Governor Kathleen Sebelius (who later infamously served as U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services when Obamacare was implemented).

5. I was a volunteer EMT for 15 years and was the first person in the state of Kansas to ace the EMT-D certification test.

6. My guilty pleasure - watching the Real Housewives TV shows from any and all of the cities. My favorite housewife is Bethany Frankel and I can't stand NeNe Leakes.

7. My cousin's daughter just tried out and made the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader team. So my new fav TV show is going to be Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making The Team. The new season starts Thursday, August 25. Watch for Allie!

I'd like to nominate the following blogs and bloggers because I enjoy visiting their blogs and I think you will too:

~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2016/08/one-lovely-blog-award-x-3.html

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out Sharla and I really enjoy your blog too so award very well deserved 3 times over 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you Sharla ! I must get this sorted ! I like housewives too , I liked the countess in nyc and the series on Orange County

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Sharla! Wow, you've had some achievements in your life! I'm sure your Quilty ventures will be just as successful. All the best for a speedy recovery for your mom and Aunty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog! I also want to add you were a terrific 4-H leader for many years; and chief combine driver! Mona Kramer

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.