Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Steampunk or Vintage? A Sewing-Themed Bracelet

The latest craze in the world of jewelry design is steampunk. But what is it? Steampunk started in the literary & film world, and it typically features steam-powered machinery, especially in a setting inspired by industrialized Western civilization during the 19th century - think Victorian and gears. It could be described by the slogan "What the past would look like if the future had happened sooner." Of course, what is in the movies spills over into fashion. In fashion, it's the art of combining antique components and brand new items, creating modern pieces with a vintage flair.

With my jewelry, I combine antique components (usually sewing related) with brand new items to create a vintage flair, but I'm not sure you would call it steampunk. I just call it fun!



~Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.