Thursday, October 2, 2014

Magnetic Chalkboard Tray

I found this dirty old tray hidden in a stack of galvanized tubs and buckets while cleaning out our barn the other day and decided it was destined to be recycled.

After a good washing, I spray painted the tray with chalkboard paint, drilled a couple of holes at the top and laced a hanger through them (absolutely love this multi-colored tape measure fabric by American Jane), then decorated it with an array of old buttons, spools, and thimbles. It'll be a great place to stick reminders, jot down shopping lists, etc.


I made magnets out of empty wooden spools decorated with yellow measuring tape and a button.

A close up of the buttons, spools and thimbles decorating the bottom of the tray.


Right now, I have it hanging over one of my cabinet doors until I decide on a permanent home in my sewing room. I think it's a great way to display some of my notions!

~Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.