Friday, April 19, 2019

Oh My Stars QOV Quilt

I finished putting the binding on my second Quilts of Valor quilt this past weekend at our quilt guild retreat. I saw this free pattern from Pat Sloan called Oh My Stars and thought it would be perfect for a QOV. The pattern uses charm squares but I enlarged the pattern using 8.5" squares instead. The quilt will probably be one that is given at the next QOV presentation the first weekend of May. 
Oh My Stars QOV Quilt Made By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

Quilt Stats:
  • Fabric for Top: I forgot to record the fabrics before I cut them up so here's what I know: Several (3 red, 1 beige, and 1 red stripe) Northcott Fabrics Metallic Stonehenge prints, a print by Liz Goodrick-Dillon for Quilting Treasures, Timeless Treasures Harvest CM-2085, Blank Quilting Small Stars 6383-Royal. 
  • Backing Fabric: Blue diamond print by Liz Goodrick-Dillon for Quilting Treasures.
  • Binding Fabric: Red & metallic gold stripe Stonehenge fabric from Northcott Fabrics.
  • Quilt Pattern: Oh My Stars! free pattern by Pat Sloan
  • Thread, Piecing: Aurifil 2310
  • Quilt Size: 68" x 80"
  • Quilting Pattern: Stars and Stripes by Anne Bright Designs
  • Thread, Quilting: Signature 100% Cotton thread in Mother Goose
  • Batting: Hobbs 80/20
  • Longarm: Gammill Statler Stitcher

~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2019/04/oh-my-stars-qov-quilt.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.