Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Couched Burlap Table Runners

I just returned home from a couple of weeks of visiting my daughter and her family. It's always great to be able to kiss and hug and spoil my grandsons for a few days, and spend time with my daughter and her husband. While there, I realized that I never shared photos of the yarn couched burlap table runners that I made and gave for Christmas gifts. Pictured is the one that I gave her and she has it displayed on her rustic dining room table.

Couched Burlap Table Runner by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
I found the table runners at Michaels last fall on sale and I loved the ruffles on the ends. Since I had just seen a video on Facebook of someone doing yarn couching on burlap table runners using their Statler longarm machine, I knew I had to give it a try. I used Bernat blanket yarn that I also purchased at Michaels. 

Couched Burlap Table Runner by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
I made table runners in three different colors of yarn but used the same quilting pattern called Paisley Feathers by Anne Bright on all three. I chose this quilting design because is sews continuously from edge to edge and it does not stitch over itself. 

Couched Burlap Table Runner by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
I pinned the table runner directly on my leaders and couched the yarn on top of the table runner. I think if I do more I will try basting the burlap table runner to a tear away stabilizer as the burlap runner waffled a little with the couching and doesn't lay completely flat after stitched.

I'd love to hear from others who have done yarn couching and any tips you may have to share!

~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2019/04/couched-burlap-table-runners.html

2 comments:

  1. I love this, it is beautiful! I've never tried it before but think it would be fun.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.