Sunday, January 6, 2019

A Scrappy Happy Holidays Mystery Sew Along!


*Note: Subscription for this Mystery Sew Along has closed.

I'm excited to announce that I will be hosting a mystery sew along throughout 2019! You may have noticed a new pop up when you arrived at my blog. If you sign up through that pop up you'll automatically be subscribed to A Scrappy Happy Holidays Mystery Sew Along!

This is the first time I've ever tried to do something like this through my blog so I hope you'll bear with me while I try to navigate the technology side of setting up a mailing list and other techy stuff.

Although I'm still finalizing all the details, here's what I know now:
  • This sew along will be a mystery. You will not know what the finished quilt will look like until the end of the sew along. 
  • This sew along has a Christmas theme.
  • The quilt will finish as a 54" x 54" table topper or wallhanging.
  • A Bonus Border pattern will be provided at the end to enlarge the quilt to 72" x 72" if desired.
  • This quilt was designed to use scraps. You'll want at least four different colors of scraps plus background. I used red, green, blue and gold when designing the quilt.
  • You'll receive a pattern each month (January - November) with instructions to complete a block or section in the quilt. Patterns will be sent out some time in the later half of the month (specific date yet to be determined).
  • There is no cost to join the sew along.
  • Only positive conversations/comments are welcome. If I make a mistake somewhere or you would like to suggest a better way for me to host this sew along, please notify me in a pleasant and positive way. As I said earlier, this is a first for me so I'm sure there will be some glitches but I will try my very best to make this a fun sew along!
I hope you'll join me for A Scrappy Happy Holiday Mystery in 2019!

~Sharla



http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2019/01/a-scrappy-happy-holidays-mystery-sew.html

22 comments:

  1. I look forward to taking part in this mystery Christmas quilt. My hubby has made me a quilting/sewing unit. So this will be a fun way to use this. Happy Stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! BTW, it saddens me that you had to leave a note about positive comments only. We need to support each other in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No pop-up on my blog. I am interested, though, and I'm posting this on QuiltBOM to spread the word. Best of luck with your first one. I hope it is so successful, you go on to do more! I never get enough of Christmas. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Can you send me your email address by email (you can get it from my contact page)? You are showing up as a 'no reply' blogger so I can't see your email address on my end.

      Delete
  5. All the best on this quilt aling.I didn"t find the pop up.Please,sign me up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to play along. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you send me your email address by email (you can get it from my contact page)? You are showing up as a 'no reply' blogger so I can't see your email address on my end.

      Delete
  7. I would love to join in. No pop up for me so not sure what to do to sew along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to start this one. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  9. How do you sign up? I would like to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a bunch of lovely Christmas fabric scraps I have needed to use I am excited to have a bom to apply them too.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I could't find the pop up either and would love to join. I'll send through my email address. I'm with Laura, it makes me sad that you have to even mention positive comments only. Thank you for making the effort to host a sew along for the us to enjoy, you're braver than me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi- I would love to join in the sew-along, however I couldn't find the pop up. Thank you for being so adventurous in creating a sew along. Also as previously mention, it is a shame in the quilt world, people need to be reminded leave only positive comments. Again, thank you. Deb.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please sign me up!
    dianna.mcgregor8@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would like to sign up too. Jadahlgr at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm going to try to make my family members all a lap sized Christmas quilt this year. I generally don't join Quilt alongs because I kind of get lost. I lose track of when new posts are going up and get behind, it just ends up a mess. I really appreciate it when the quilt along sends out an email when a new block comes out, but that's a lot to ask of you. I did join your Facebook and Instagram pages, so I hope that helps me. Jadahlgr at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Quite a lovely block you've designed for #1! I like it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Is it too late to join? Is it closed? Looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, you show up as a no-reply blogger so I need your email address. Can you reply here or send me your email address & I'll add you.

      Delete
  18. Sorry, but in the beginning I signed up. Never got blocks 1, 2, and 4, but got the rest. Is there any way to get them please. candlelady3@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.