Monday, January 14, 2019

2019 Finish-A-Long Q1 Goals

2019 Finish-A-Long Q1 Goals by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
It's a new year and time for new goals for the Finish-A-Long! Not familiar with the Finish-A-Long? Then check out my FAL page at the top of my blog or click here. I've participated in the FAL for a few years and this year I'm pleased to be one of the co-hosts, so I hope you'll join me and get a few of your UFOs finished this quarter!

Quilts Of Valor Fabric Pull by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
#1 - Quilts of Valor Quilt: This is a must finish for me this quarter. I joined our newly formed QOV group last summer and still haven't gotten a quilt made for them - and I'm feeling really guilty. This small group of women have already made and presented more than 2 dozen quilts in their first few months and I haven't held up my end. I actually have started this quilt and have approximately a third of the blocks completed so hopefully I can get it finished before we head south for a few weeks.

Frivols Kindred Quilt Blocks by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
#2 - Frivols Kindred Quilt: I haven't worked on this one for more than a year, but I have more than half of the blocks completed so after I get my QOV quilt finished I want to knock this one out.

#3 - Just the Atoms Quilt: I started this one with the scrap fabrics from my Molecules of Moda quilt as a keepsake of that quilt which was sold to Moda's Mark Dunn. It would be nice to get this one done but might be more than I can get done this quarter knowing my other obligations.

#4 - Modern Marks Quilt: I haven't touched this since arriving home from our winter travels last year. This is a simple design and shouldn't take too long to make if I just put my mind to it. This will probably be a donation quilt to a child advocacy group in our area depending on what size it ends up being. 

Well, there you have it. Four goals that should be doable but I know life always seems to get in the way (or one of those squirrels entices me to start a new quilt project!). But there's no harm in setting goals and working towards them and that's the whole point of the Finish-A-Long. What doesn't get done this quarter can always be moved to the next quarter - no penalties! And what does get done can be eligible for some great prizes (well, for you if you join in but not for me since I'm one of the hosts). There's only a few more days to get your Q1 goals posted so don't dally! Deadline is Jan. 18. I'll be linking this post up with the FAL Q1 Link Up. 

~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2019/01/2019-finish-long-q1-goals.html


4 comments:

  1. loving the blues in your makers mark quilt. They all look so calm and restful. Good luck with your list, and also as host. I must get my list written

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharma, Great Project! On behalf of your fellow 2019 Finish A Long Hosts, best of luck with your goals and thanks for linking up. Glad to have you on board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck. I know you will work to get these done. Wonderful projects, beautiful fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.