Thursday, April 27, 2017

Prairie Gardens: My Spoonflower Entry

Today the sample fat quarter of my design entry for Spoonflower's weekly contest arrived! It's so fun to see what you've been sketching and doodling come to life in fabric.
Thistle Thicket Studio, Prairie Gardens fabric, fabric design, textile design, surface pattern design, Spoonflower

Spoonflower's Birds and Blooms contest closed a couple of days ago and the top 10 winners were announced today. It was no surprise to me that my entry wasn't in the top ten. I did however have 19 people 'favorite' my design. Favorites are different than votes, and as far as I can see, they don't reveal how many votes each entry received.

The fabric print is larger in real life than it appeared on Spoonflower's website. It looked quite small compared to other entries in the design contest, so I can't imagine how big those prints are in real life. Obviously, many of the people participating in the contests are designing just for the contest and scale their designs so that they appear larger on Spoonflower's website. Prints that large wouldn't be suitable for most quilting projects, but would be ideal for draperies and upholstered furniture or for wallpaper.

I'll continue to play with coordinating designs with these motifs and hopefully learn more techniques in the design process. For every one I design, I have two more ideas. It is really getting addictive!

~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2017/04/prairie-gardens-my-spoonflower-entry.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.