Friday, April 14, 2017

Happy Easter From My Bunny Trio

I was just lamenting that I didn't have much in the way of Easter décor when the cutest bunny quilt pattern was featured on the Moda Bake Shop last week. So after the hubby went to bed that evening, I headed for my sewing room and whipped out my own version of Kristina Brinkerhoff's (from @centerstreetquilts) Bunny Quartet pattern.

Thistle Thicket Studio, Moda Bake Shop, bunny trio mini quilt, bunny quartet mini quilt, bunny quilt, quilts, quilting
In an hour, I had the top of my Bunny Trio mini quilt stitched up and the next day I quilted it up with a cute all-over flower design to go with the flower prints in the fabric. I even managed to get the binding on that same day (shocking if you know how much I hate binding) - of course since it is only 13.5" x 22" it didn't take long. I chose to make three bunnies so it would fit on my old chippy-painted door in my living room.

Thistle Thicket Studio, Moda Bake Shop, Bunny Quartet Mini Quilt, bunny trio mini quilt, bunny quilt, quilts, quilting
The question now is - do you see a bunny head facing towards you or a whole bunny body facing away from you? When I first saw the pattern, I saw a whole bunny and envisioned cute little bunny tails wagging, so I added round white ball buttons for tails on my version. But I can see the bunny heads too, which is how the designer intended them to be. Luckily, the buttons also look like bunny noses, so it works either way! I think I was the first to post my bunny mini on Instagram but soon there was a fluffle of bunny minis on display. 

On a side note, did you know a group of rabbits is called a fluffle in Northern Canada (according to the New World Encyclopedia)? When I googled what a group of bunnies was called, I got a whole slew of words including herd, litter, colony, nest and warren. But I like fluffle the best!

From our nest to yours, I wish you and your fluffle the happiest of Easters!

~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2017/04/happy-easter-from-my-bunny-trio.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.