Friday, January 15, 2016

Progress. Or Lack Thereof.

My first week of the 2016 Finish-A-Long didn't go as planned. I had hoped to have all the blocks completed for my 'Have Yourself A Quilty Little Christmas' quilt. I didn't accomplish that goal, but I did manage to host a group of quilting friends in my home, attend The Vintage Whites Market in Loveland, and get most of my Christmas decorations put away - emphasis on most. And, I did do a little bit of sewing too.

Lori Holt's 'Have Yourself A Quilty Little Christmas Blocks' by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
The 'Have Yourself A Quilty Little Christmas' was a sew along by Lori Holt that she held on Instagram before Christmas over a year ago - yeah, like before Christmas 2014. This is the first project on my first quarter list for the 2016 Finish-A-Long. I had three blocks completed prior (upper left photo) and made five more blocks this week. Slight progress, but progress nonetheless.

Robot Quilt Planning by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
I'm hoping to start another project. (Oh no, I hope this one isn't destined for the 2017 Finish-A-Long!) I found the cutest robot fabric last summer and I'm hoping to make a robot quilt for my grandson's birthday in February. This week I found solids to coordinate and drew up four robot blocks to match the robots in the fabric. This project is still in the development phase but if it's going to get done in time, I need to finalize my ideas. A tad bit more progress.

Bloom Sew-Along Supplies by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
Speaking of starting new projects....Lori Holt's new Bloom Sew Along starts today! And I have my supplies ready. Good thing I included my last Lori Holt sew along - Farm Girl Vintage - on my 1stQ Finish-A-Long list also because I'd hate to have too many of her projects as UFOs, she might take it personally! Lol.

And, a smidge more progress was made toward my textile design goal when my Spoonflower book and printed fabric color map arrived in the mail! Can't wait to dive into this.

I mentioned earlier that I got to go to The Vintage Whites Market in Loveland, CO. Had a great time, although it was more than a tad crowded, and came home with a few fun sewing finds. This traveling antique/vintage show will be in KC on my birthday in August so another road trip may be in order!

Vintage Globe Pincushion by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
I love this vintage globe pincushion, complete with thimble and measuring tape that I snagged.

Vintage Buttons and Scrabble Tiles by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
I found a few neat buttons for necklaces and magnets, and some fun colored scrabble tiles.

Wooden Clothes Pins & Yardsticks by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
And no junkin' trip would be a success without picking up a yardstick or two! An added bonus was finding the wooden clothes pins.

This week may have not produced the progress I had hoped for but the hubby thinks that having Christmas decorations put away before Valentine's Day is huge progress! I think I'll use his idea of progress and feel accomplished.

~Sharla

P.S. I have some exciting news to share, but I'll save it for another post. Can't wait? Check out the Moda Bake Shop for a glimpse of what I'm up to next!




4 comments:

  1. The robot blocks you designed are so cute! I look forward to seeing them become a reality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the robot quilt and you know , you're making steady progress with your chridtmas quilt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh looking forward to your blog hop with moda

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like more than enough to have fitted into just one week. The robot blocks look great.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.