Monday, December 21, 2015

Woodsy Joy Banner Tutorial

In between baking and candy making, I found a little time to do some last minute crafting this weekend. I had a couple - well, three to be exact - wood slices left after decorating with the bottle brush trees I showed you last week. My brother cut these wood slices and I was lucky enough to receive a few.

Woodsy Joy Banner by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
I decided to make a woodsy Joy banner with the remaining slices. It was quick and easy - my favorite kind of project!

Woodsy Joy Banner by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
I drew a circle in the middle of each slice and painted inside the circle using chalkboard paint.

Woodsy Joy Banner by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
After they dried, I screwed a small eyelet at the top of each slice and strung them on twine, then wrote on them with chalk. 

Woodsy Joy Banner by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
I hung them across the front of our entryway wardrobe. It is the perfect finishing touch to my woodsy Christmas décor.

Wishing y'all a wonderful week as you make final preparations for the merriest of Christmases!

~Sharla

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.