Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Sewing Finds

With harvest complete, the hubby and I took the opportunity to head to Texas for a few days to spoil the grandbabies last week. And no road trip would be complete without stopping at a few antique shops and quilt shops! Much to my hubby's delight, I didn't make any large purchases, but did pick up a couple of fun things for my sewing studio.

Uh-oh! Don't they say three or more of anything is a collection? Well, I think I started a new collection - vintage needle book cases! I found these at the Austin City-Wide Garage Sale and couldn't resist. Now I just have to figure out how to display them. Do you collect vintage needle book cases? How do you display them?

I found this cute little metal green and yellow toy wheelbarrow at a shop in Taylor, Texas called Cherry Tree Creative. This really cute shop features antiques and upcycled things made by local artisans. It's connected to another cute shop with lots of vintage décor items called The Nest Box. Again, I couldn't resist the wheelbarrow - especially since it was in 'my' color of green! I filled the wheelbarrow with some of my button jars and one of my Farm Girl Vintage canning jar block table toppers and it now sits by my vintage green baby crib filled with quilts.

Of course I had to shop at a quilt shop - or two or three. I picked up some Row by Row patterns and a few new pieces of fabric to add to my stash for the Farm Girl Vintage Sew Along.

I found a couple of other cute goodies that I can't share yet or it would spoil the surprise for some quilty friends. Hopefully, you'll keep stopping by and see them later!

~Sharla

P.S.
The 2015 New Quilt Bloggers Blog Hop is back on after a two week break. Be sure to visit my Quantum Quilters hive members from last week (I couldn't post about it last week since I was gone spoilin' the grandbabies):

Hannah @ Modern Magnolia Studio
Silvia @ A Stranger View
Ida @ Ida Rather Be Quilting
Amy @ Indigo Cottage Quilts
Cindy @ Stitchin At Home

And this week's hive members:

Geraldine @ Living Water Quilter
Andrea @ The Sewing Fools
Irene @ Patchwork & Pastry
Martha @ Once A Wingnut...Always A Wingnut

Then hop on over to the 2015 New Quilt Bloggers Hive Hosts' pages to see how to enter for some great prizes!

Yvonne @ Quilting Jet Girl
Cheryl @ Meadow Mist Designs
Stephanie @ Late Night Quilter
Teri Ann @ Childlike Fascination



1 comment:

  1. The vintage needle book cases are really awesome! I found some old images of "rocket" or "space" needles that inspired me to stick with my blog name a year or so ago, but other than my image collection, I don't have any physically on hand. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.