Thursday, March 19, 2020

Moda Block Heads: Blocks 5-8

I'm trying to get caught up on my Moda Block Heads blocks today and realized I haven't shown my second month of blocks here yet. 

I'm trying to be caught up each month by our quilt guild meeting so I can share them at our show & tell. So far, so good. 


I substituted this block for the Block 5 Love block. I just didn't think it fit into the quilt I have envisioned. I shared my Love block that I turned into a mini quilt here. This was a substitute block that Lisa Bongean shared for the 4" Block 4. I enlarged the pattern for my 6" block. I love the little fussy cut dress in the center of this block! Not sure I'm wild about the striped fabric but it'll be ok in the overall scheme of things. As they say, don't sweat the small stuff!

This is Block 6 - Magic by Lisa Bongean. Using my Triangulations 3.0 CD by Brenda Henning makes it easy to make accurate little half square triangles. I'd hate to attempt it without some kind of paper piecing assistance! 

This is Block 7 by Lissa Alexander called Zest. Lissa's pattern was for one large heart but I decided to reduce the pattern and make four small hearts and pieced them together for this 6" cutie.


And here's Block 8, a 9-patch block by Laurie Simpson. I fussy cut the center block and fussy cut the rectangles on the four sides of the center block. You can't really tell that they are a dresden plate in the center and stacks of suitcases in the four side blocks. Oh well, it still adds some dimension to the block I think.

Outside the sun is shining but the wind is howling! How is everyone doing with the social distancing and self quarantining thing? I've got enough sewing to keep me busy for the next number of years so I don't think this will be too bad - unless we run out of food (although I need to get back on my diet anyway!). Stay safe and keep healthy!

~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2020/03/moda-block-heads-blocks-5-8.html




No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.