Friday, December 13, 2019

Stan The Snowman

Stan The Snowman Applique by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
Last night was our quilt guild's Christmas party and each person was to bring a $10 gift for the gift exchange. I decided to make an appliqued table topper for my gift using a round ruffled burlap circle that I picked up at Michaels awhile back. 

Stan The Snowman Applique by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
After looking online for a simple snowman or Santa clipart and not finding what I wanted, I decided to draw my own and Stan the Snowman was born. I sketched him on paper then scanned him into Adobe Illustrator and redrew him with the pen tool to create a pattern that I could share with all of you. I even reversed the pattern so it's ready to draw onto paper-backed fusible. Click here for my Stan the Snowman pattern.

As you can see, I machine appliqued Stan to the burlap and sewed buttons on for the eyes. I backed the burlap with a circle of red fabric and a piece of tear away interfacing on the bottom before I started to applique. After I was finished appliqueing Stan in place, I fused a piece of batting and another circle of red fabric to the back to cover the back side of the applique. I stitched around the fabric circle and pinked the edge. Lastly, I stitched around the burlap circle (to the inside of the ruffle) to stabilize all the layers.

I hope you enjoy my little Christmas gift to all of you. If you make something with it, be sure to share it on Instagram or Facebook and tag me!

~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2019/12/stan-snowman.html



2 comments:

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.