Saturday, November 2, 2019

Another UFO Busted

In my last post, I shared about my latest closet cleaning endeavors and my UFO busting accomplishments. Today I wanted to share the other quilt that I finally finished the binding on and can officially call this UFO BUSTED! 


This Irish chain quilt is another quilt made from the scraps of a quilt that I gifted to a special girl about 12 years ago. A couple of years later she was killed in a car accident and may be the reason why I never finished it. This quilt is huge at 94" x 118" and took several hours to sew the binding on. Luckily, I still had coordinating fabric that I used for the binding.

It was a last minute decision to finish this quilt a couple of days before our quilt guild retreat last month. At the retreat, we held a 'Drag and Brag' bed turning and everyone was to bring 3 quilts to share. Well, most of my quilts hung in the quilt shop forever and everyone had seen them. So finishing up this UFOs became my mission! Maybe I need to schedule a few more 'Drag and Brags' so I'll get more UFOs finished!

What UFOs are you trying to bust?

~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2019/10/another-ufo-busted.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.