Saturday, November 16, 2019

A Scrappy Happy Holidays Mystery Sew Along - Month 11

Well, it's finally here. The last installment of "A Scrappy Happy Holidays Mystery Sew Along". I'm so happy to share my flannel quilt with the bonus borders.

A Scrappy Happy Holidays Flannel Quilt Designed, Pieced & Quilted by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

The quilt, with the bonus borders, finishes at 72" square - the perfect size to cuddle up this winter and why I wanted to make one out of flannel. Because this one is to wrap up in, I won't be adding any embellishments. I haven't added the stocking label yet either, as I think I'm going to hand embroidery the label information.

My tip for the bonus border is to be sure to select a medium value for the 'underneath' side of the ribbon and a dark value for the 'front' side of the ribbon - that's what creates the ribbon effect.

I hope everyone who joined me on this scrappy happy journey enjoyed the sew along. I know I did. I can't wait to see all of your quilts so be sure to share them on Facebook and Instagram and tag me @thistlethicketstudio!

Have A Scrappy Happy Day!

~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2019/10/a-scrappy-happy-holidays-mystery-sew_17.html

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this quilt and your talent with us! I am wayyyy behind on it, but hey, next year's holiday is still 12 months away! This was my first "event" with your website, but I am keeping it on my list to check each month to see your future adventures. Congrats on your son's wedding (and the cute quilt you made them).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have this pattern available for sale yet? My aunt saw mine and she keeps asking me where she can get the pattern. I love your work!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.