Sunday, October 6, 2019

Rail Fence QOV Quilt

Is it called Rail Fence or Fence Rail? I've seen and heard it both ways. Either way, this one is finished and one I can check off my Q3 Finish-A-Long list! Although I listed this quilt on my goals list here, it really was the work of many hands. 

Rail Rence Quilts of Valor Quilt by Thistle Thicket Studio and others. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
Earlier this year, our QOV coordinator gave a presentation to our quilt guild and I challenged the quilt guild members to make red, (off) white and blue rail fence blocks for a quilt to donate to our local QOV organization. Once the blocks were turned in, four or five of us quickly sewed them in rows at one of the guild's Sewcial Hours. I then took it home and finished sewing the blocks into a top and added the border. Another guild member quilted it and added the binding by machine, and finally last night I hand sewed the binding down. Today I'll wash it and attach the label. As I said, it was the work of many hands but on my list of things to make sure they got done.

Rail Rence Quilts of Valor Quilt by Thistle Thicket Studio and others. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
I'll be linking this up to my previous post - 2019 Q3 Finish-A-Long Link Up. There is still three days to finish up some of your projects on your FAL goals list and link them up. Can't wait to see all the finishes!

~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2019/10/rail-fence-qov-quilt.html

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on a beautiful finish - love the quilting! On behalf of the 2019 FAL hosts, thank you so much for playing along with us this quarter!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.