Tuesday, October 8, 2019

A Ribbon Runs Through It - Awaken Wonder

What!?! Three finishes this quarter for the Finish-A-Long! I'm always thrilled to get anything finished, so I'm super excited to get three things finished from my Q3 goal list (click here to see). 

This is my challenge quilt for our quilt guild. The challenge is called "A Ribbon Runs Through It" and the rules are (1) that the finished quilt should measure 18" wide and 36" long; and (2) that each member would be provided with a fat quarter of turquoise fabric which must enter on the left side of the quilt at 3" wide and exit on the right side of the quilt at 3" wide. Everything else from fabrics, colors, design, embellishments, etc. was up to the quilter.


My first entry is called "Awaken Wonder" because the quilt pattern is called a "One Block Wonder" technique and the panel I used to create the kaleidoscope blocks is called "Awaken" from Timeless Treasures Fabrics. As you can see, I used one of the butterfly panels for the backing of the quilt. Too bad the quilt is so narrow that the whole butterfly didn't fit.

I have a couple of other ideas for this challenge so I'm hoping to get them made before the end of the year. All of the challenge quilts will be hung side by side, connecting the 'ribbons' to create one long running ribbon, at our guild's 15th anniversary celebration in January.

I'll be linking this post up to the Q3 Finish-A-Long link up here, if you'd like to check out everyone's finishes. 

~Sharla


http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2019/10/a-ribbon-runs-through-it-awaken-wonder.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.