Sunday, September 1, 2019

Procraftenating Again

Procraftenation: [prō krăfte nāshŭn] Noun. The habit of delaying an important task, usually by focusing on less urgent, easier and quicker craft projects instead.

Yup, I did it again. Instead of sewing the borders on my Quilts of Valor quilt I'm working on for my uncle, I pulled out some things I've picked up here and there to make a couple of Halloween decorations.


Vintage Halloween Spice Tin Decorations by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
I found a couple of vintage orange and black spice tins a year or more ago and have been gathering trinkets to decorate them along the way. I saw some on Instagram and, of course, decided I needed to make some. Aren't they just so cute? Is it too early to start decorating for Halloween?

Did you notice the vintage Halloween noise maker on the left? I picked that up at an estate auction this spring and I can't remember if I shared it before so I included it in the photo.


Sunflower Stars QOV by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
I did get the center of my QOV quilt put together yesterday. The photo only shows a portion of it, there's a total of five stars across and six stars down. Now it just needs borders. Maybe tomorrow. The plan is to get it quilted this week, along with another QOV my quilt guild made. So I really need to stop procraftenating!

Did you do any procraftenating this weekend?

~Sharla



http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2019/09/procrafternating-again.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.