Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Procrastination Project

Transformed Cross Stitch Pillow Project by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
So, I have this project that I really, really need to finish, so what do I do? I start another project instead. Does anyone else procrastinate like this? Procrastination or not, at least I finished up something that has been sitting on my cutting table for a couple of months. 

This cross stitch was made by my hubby's aunt and gifted to my mother- & father-in-law around 1980. It was mounted in a gold and brown fabric frame. After my mother-in-law passed away in May, it ended up in the things that I brought home. It was one of those things that you couldn't throw away but didn't fit in with the décor of my house. So I took it out of the frame and set it aside while thinking about what to do with it. (Wish I would have taken a before photo of it!)

I ended up making it into a pillow as you can see. By adding the scrappy 30's fabrics and old buttons that my mother-in-law had given me years ago, it now fits into my décor better. It now has a place on a chair that my mother-in-law gave me a few years ago. I think she would have liked the updated version.


Now, back to the project that I really need to finish......

~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2019/08/procrastination-project.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.