Thursday, September 19, 2019

Kansas Stars & Stripes QOV Quilt

Kansas Stars & Stripes Designed, Pieced and Quilted by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
It's only been a year in the making and it's been on my Finish-A-Long list for just as long - but I finally finished my Kansas Stars and Stripes Quilts of Valor quilt!!! I purchased the fabric last September on a trip to the International Quilt Museum in Lincoln, NE to see Moda Fabrics owner Mark Dunn speak. 

I designed the pattern - or rather re-designed a pattern - to feature the sunflower fabric for a special Kansas serviceman. The inspiration for the quilt design came from a free pattern on the Robert Kaufman website called Mirrored Stars

I mentioned the Finish-A-Long and you can see my goal list for Q3 here. I will be linking up to the Finish-A-Long finished projects link up when it opens later this month. Until then, here's the stats on this quilt....

Quilt Stats
  • Pattern: Kansas Stars & Stripes designed by Sharla Krenzel
  • Size: 68" x 80"
  • Fabric for Top: Red -  Patriotic Pattern #7788 by Andover Fabrics; Blue - Legendary Basics II by Jason Yenter for In The Beginning Fabrics; Gold - Pattern #A7996Y by Andover Fabrics; Background - Patriots #18270 by Robert Kaufman Fabrics; Sunflowers - older unknown fabric from stash.
  • Backing Fabric: Patriots #18270 by Robert Kaufman Fabrics
  • Binding Fabric: Legendary Basics II by Jason Yenter for In The Beginning Fabrics
  • Thread, Piecing: Aurifil 2310
  • Quilting Pattern: Stars and Stripes by Anne Bright
  • Thread, Quilting: Signature 100% Cotton Thread in Parchment
  • Batting: Hobbs 80/20
  • Longarm: Gammill Statler Stitcher
~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2019/09/kansas-stars-stripes-qov-quilt.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.