Wednesday, June 6, 2018

The Latest In The Studio

I'm geeking out and super excited about a couple of purchases that arrived in my studio last week. As you may remember, I recently took a surface pattern design class and trying to develop my first portfolio of design collections. But accurate color palettes have been a struggle. So I bit the bullet and purchased a set of Pantone Color Guides!

Pantone Fashion Home + Interiors Color Guides on Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
After struggling for several days with Pantone's site trying to register my guides, I finally figured out the issue (human error, of course) and downloaded the accompanying software and have it installed in Adobe Illustrator. Now I just have to figure out how to use it all to get the outcome I want. The learning curve never ends! Any user tips would be greatly appreciated!

I'm also super stoked about the light box photo studio I purchased. It's 20" x 20" x 20" and seems to be quite sturdy. It has 2 LED light bars and comes with 4 color backdrops. It has openings on one side and top to take photos from the side or flat lays from the top. I've been wanting one for quite awhile. I'm hoping my lighting for my tabletop lays will be more consistent and will come in quite handy for the upcoming super secret Moda event I'm involved with.....teasers are coming soon!

What new additions to your studio have you added lately? I'm always looking for things to make my "work" (play) easier and better!

~Sharla

P.S. I'm thinking I may need to have the hubby help me build one of these quilt photography tools that Yvonne at Quilting JetGirl made. But then I'd have to sew a hanging sleeve on the back of my quilts, and ya'll know how much I hate sewing binding on - sewing sleeves would be worse! But still a brilliant idea!

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2018/06/the-latest-in-studio.html


1 comment:

  1. You could always just pin on the hanging sleeve instead of hand sewing it down!!

    I'm just learning Illustrator myself, which is definitely fun and challenging. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.