Friday, June 15, 2018

Friday Finds

Wheat harvest is just days away here on the farm and the hubby has been getting the combine ready for the many long hours we hope to put in harvesting the crop - which mean, a parts run to eastern Kansas was in order. Sure, we could have had the parts shipped to the farm but for the price of shipping we could pay for the gas to pick them up AND spend an evening with our son who lives in the Kansas City area. Of course we chose the latter. 

Painted Garden Fabric by Crystal Manning for Moda on Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
We arrived a little early (the son was still at work) so I made a quick run to a local quilt shop (Prairie Point Quilt & Fabric Shop) that I knew carried a fabric line I have been searching for - Painted Garden by Crystal Manning for Moda. Crystal lives in the KC area too and I first met Crystal on Instagram where I sent a few PMs asking some textile design questions (which she graciously answered), then I met her in person at Quilt Market last fall where she was introducing this line. I instantly fell in love with Crystal and her new collection - both boast warm and bright personalities. I'm excited to finally have a fat quarter bundle of Painted Garden but was disappointed to learn that I had missed Crystal by just a couple of hours at the quilt shop! 

Vintage Plastic Lighted Church - Estate Sale Find By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com
We also hit up an estate sale where I did get one new addition to my vintage Christmas décor collection - this plastic church. I have a couple of other churches but nothing as elaborate and grand as this one. I just couldn't resist. They had a few other vintage Christmas ornaments and blow molds but they were priced higher than I was willing to pay. The church was not in their holiday décor section (yes - the estate sale was huge) but rather was tucked in an area with a few other religious items. Who ever did the pricing obviously didn't consider it vintage Christmas, but I do and am thrilled with my bargain!

Now to get busy making some freezer meals for harvest!

~Sharla

P.S. When we arrived home last night there was a secret package waiting for me. I can't wait to share it with you on Sunday. Hint - it may have something to do with the Moda Bake Shop Choose Your Own Adventure Mystery QAL that's starting soon (wink, wink)! Are you going on the adventure with me?
Secret Package From Moda For Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2018/06/friday-finds.html

2 comments:

  1. Choosing to drive to get the parts and visit family sounds much better than paying for shipping. The prints are lovely and I am always touched to hear about the warmth and support of the quilting community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it is wheat harvesting time again. These seasons seem to march around very quickly. Hopefully it all goes well for you this year. Estate sales sound so exciting, we have nothing like that here. Generally "stuff" is divied up through the family or donated to charity. I suppose these days a lot of "stuff" ends up on ebay too

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.