Saturday, January 20, 2018

Progress & A Present

I've been stealing a few minutes here and there to sew. I'm working on my quilt guild row quilt challenge from last year. I updated my status on this project a couple of weeks ago here. Since then I've finished two rows! Here's a few of my railroad crossing blocks.....
Railroad Crossing Blocks Made By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio..com

And here are my little 2" hearts (although they look a little lot messy with all the untrimmed strings).....
Row of Heart Blocks By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

Next row up is the star row. I debated what type of star block I wanted to make and settled on this 4" twinkle star one (I made my own pattern).....
Twinkle Star Block By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

I'm hoping to get lots accomplished this weekend. It's my mom's birthday weekend and she hosts a sewing retreat for her sisters and I every year to celebrate. After the stars, I have three rows left: card trick, goose tracks and snail's trail. I'm sure I won't get them all done because there will be lots of card playing and other things mixed in.

Speaking of mom's birthday, here's a little birthday card I gave her. I found this vintage postcard while antiquing in Texas and decided to frame it. Then I decorated the frame with vintage glass, mother of pearl, and metal buttons (plus a couple of other vintage things) since mom collects old buttons. Notice that I even set the time on the watch face to 1:18 - her birth date😊
Framed & Decorated Vintage Birthday Card Created By Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

Happy sewing everyone!

~Sharla


http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2018/01/progress-present.html

1 comment:

  1. I hope your mom has a very happy birthday and you all have a great time sewing and visiting!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.