Thursday, January 11, 2018

My 2018 Finish-A-Long Q1 Goals

New year, new hopes to achieve some quilting goals, although I have no expectations to achieve a majority of these goals. Still, joining up with the 2018 Finish-A-Long is at least a motivation to try! Go check out the FAL info page and join me in my attempt to finish some UFOs this year! So here's a list of my first quarter goals - in no particular order.....
2018 Finish-A-Long 1st Quarter Goals by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

1. H.O.M.E. Individual Mini Quilts: My mom gave me this cool galvanized metal shelf with hanging rod for Christmas. Thanks to the hubby, the shelf is up and a quilt is hanging on the rod but I'd like to make four mini quilts to spell out 'home' for a little banner to layer on top of the quilt. I originally was going to spell 'howdy' but after measuring the rod, I think there is only room for 4 minis, so I changed my plan. I'm using Lori Holt's Spelling Bee book for the patterns.
Spelling Bee Alphabet Mini Quilts on Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

2. HOME Mini Quilt: This mini quilt is from Lori Holt's Spelling Bee book also. I think it's so cute and would like to make it to hang on my vintage chippy door that leans against a wall in my living room. It's kind of repetitive with the previous mini quilts I want to make, but that's ok, it will only hang between holidays when I don't have a holiday mini quilt to hang on the door.
Spelling Bee "Home" Mini Quilt on Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

3. Just The Atoms Quilt: I started this quilt last fall using the scraps I had left from my "Molecules of Moda: Bella Solids" challenge quilt. I don't think this would be too time consuming so maybe I'll get around to working on it some more😏
Circle Blocks by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

4. Christmas Fabric Collection: One of my top goals this year is to design a collection of Christmas fabrics that I want to make personalized Christmas stockings for my kids and grandkids. Right now I've just been using some simple knit stockings from Target but that just isn't cutting it. I want to design fabric that will tie my red, green and brown Christmas decorations and my blue and brown living room together so it looks more cohesive. This quarter, I want to get the fabrics designed and printed. I start with small black ink sketches like these that I upload to Photoshop then color and manipulate from there.
Sketches For Fabric Design by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

5. Christmas Star Quilt: I made this quilt many years ago and did some basic line quilting on my DSM. The lines are few and far between so I decided I wanted to put this on my long arm and requilt it. I started in July, then broke my elbow and hands. I had to take it off the machine and tossed it in the corner to quilt my Moda Bella Challenge quilt and there it still lies.
Christmas Star Quilt by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

6. Frivols Kindred Quilt: Another project I started last year that got derailed when I fell. I have half the blocks made.
Bonnie & Camille Kindred Quilt Blocks by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

7. 2017 Quilt Guild Row Quilt Challenge: I was doing great keeping up on this one until I fell in July. I have started working on it again (I blogged about it last week here), and actually got the heart row completed. My mom is hosting her annual Birthday Sewing Retreat next weekend with her sisters (and me) and this is the project I'm taking to work on.
Quilt Guild Row Quilt Challenge Quilt by Thistle Thicket Studio. www.thistlethicketstudio.com

I know I won't get all of these completed this quarter, especially since we hope to spend some time in Texas yet this winter too. But, at least I have a to-do list lined out and maybe I'll be able to mark one or two off my list!

I'll be linking this post up with the 2018 FAL Q1 Goals linky.

~Sharla

http://www.thistlethicketstudio.com/2018/01/my-2018-finish-long-q1-goals.html

2 comments:

  1. happy to hear you can sew again. Broke my humerus a year ago and it stalled a lot of things for 3 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining us in the Finish-A-Long! I'd love to see those four mini quilts spelling HOME, what a great idea to be using the Spelling Bee patterns that way.
    I also like the Frivols blocks. Good luck with working towards some finishes this quarter!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! Please leave some comment love here, and I will share some love back! I make every effort to respond to every comment by email, unless you are a no-reply blogger, then I will leave a comment here.